We’re off to Devil’s Lake State Park, south of Baraboo, Wisconsin. Known for its 500 foot high quartzite bluffs along the 360 acre lake, created by a glacier during the last ice age approximately 12,000 years ago.
Troop 41 will be climbing those cliffs along with climbing guide Apex Adventure Alliance in the morning, then have free time to explore in the afternoon.
More info on Devil’s Lake rock climbing: https://apexadventurealliance.
Be sure to pack the weather; remember that you will need hiking/climbing shoes. There is an additional charge of $50 for this campout to pay for the rock climbing guide and required gear. All scouts attending will be climbing.
- Scout Event Cost: $75
- Registration Cutoff: 2019-08-16 (Hard date due to climbing reservation)
- Online Signup Link: Devils Lake Registration Form
- Departure Location: 800 Roosevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 (Old Dominick’s Parking Lot)
- Departure Date and Time: Friday, August 23, 2019, 6:00 PM
- Return Location: 800 Roosevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 (Old Dominick’s Parking Lot)
- Return Date and Time: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 12:00 PM
- Contact: Mr. Basso
- Directions and maps